Our Founder: Lisa Oglesby Rocha
Lisa Oglesby Rocha dedicated fifteen years of her life to the mission of AVANCE North Texas, founding the organization in 1996 and serving faithfully until September 2011. Through her tireless efforts, she established AVANCE North Texas as a respected organization. She expanded the agency from being a startup with five employees, three sites and a budget of 300,000 dollars, to a staff that exceeded 50 employees and served more than 2,000 parents and children annually across 33 sites, with a budget of $1.9 million dollars. During her tenure at AVANCE North Texas, she did her best to improve the Dallas community.
Highlights of the years of Lisa Oglesby Rocha at AVANCE North Texas:
- Executive Director of AVANCE North Texas 1996-2011.
- Co-author of articles on education
- Participant in a panel of the Department of Education of the United States, Richard Riley, in the meeting of Satellite City: “Nurturing Readers: Building and Sustaining Community Reading Programs”.
- Outstanding Individual Award from the Dallas County Women’s Council (May 2017)
- Dallas Business Journal’s CFO of the Year award for community service (Oct 2009)
- Dreams, Doers and Unsung Heroes of the Real Estate Council (November 2007)